Backed by figures, DCode for Financial and Economic Consulting‘s infographic report: COP27 for SMEs compressed argues that there is a high potential benefit and role for Small and Medium Enterprises in the green recovery path and the road to COP27, hosted in Egypt in November 2022.
Some of the approaches to achieve this can be through:
– Assessing and integrating climate risks to national SMEs strategies.
– Raising awareness and translation of climate change jargons.
– Enhancing climate risk management knowledge for SMEs around key sectors, including agriculture, manufacturing and industrial sector, that are predominant in the African region
Improving access to technology to SMEs.
– Expand on supplier development programmes: bigger companies need to play a supportive role for SMEs and integrate them into their overall strategic net zero action plans.
– Climate Finance & providing advisory services on the financing for both adaptation measures and innovation.
– Sharing strategies and tools with other international development partners as there is a need to scale-up actions of already existing initiatives/pledges/coalitions.